Dental Instruments - Burnishers
Burnishers are hand tools that are often used in dentistry after procedures or treatments for dental restoration. They are used to shape and polish amalgam fillings as well as polish composite fillings. It includes highlighting grooves and removing extra fins.
Dental burnishers are furthermore used to polish the dental restoration, get rid of any scratches that could have formed on the amalgam surface during the dental restoration procedure, and smooth out any rough edges that came about as a consequence of the dental restoration.
The ends of the dental burnishers are angled. They may be hand tools with one or two ends. Dental burnishers have either one or both of their working tips rounded and smooth. There are various different kinds of dental burnishers available depending on the working tips' designs.
- Burnishing Ball
- Orthodontic burnisher
- Burnisher, Acorn
- Dica instrument
- Ball Burnisher
- Orthodontic Burnisher
These various dental burnishers serve a variety of specific functions. As an example, the Ball Burnishers are used to shape the matrix band before amalgam implantation and to smooth amalgam after condensing. Beavertail burnishers are used to close the marginal space between the cast gold restoration and the tooth. In posterior restorations, occlusal anatomy is formed using acorn-shaped burnishers.
The most popular dental burnishers include the following:
- Burnishers in the shape of an acorn are designated B21 by Westcott. The tips come in 2mm and 3mm diameters. This design is available with working points that are coated in black TNi and satin steel.
- Burnishers with 2.5mm and 3.5mm tips are likewise shaped like acorns and are designated B21B by Westcott. Both Satin Steel and Black TNi Coated working points are available.
- These dental burnishers, designated B26/29, are round and ovoid in form. The tips are 2mm and 5.5/3.5 in size. Both Satin Steel and Black TNi Coated working points are available.
- These dental burnishers, designated B29/31, contain Ovoid-shaped working points in sizes 4/2.5mm and 5.5/3mm.
Technical Specifications of Dental Burnishers:
- Each dental burnisher has a total length of 171 cm for its tools.
- surgical stainless steel with a high degree of durability
- fully sterilizable
- Steel with a satin finish
- Using your left or right hand
- Tested for shape, performance, and boiling
Please follow the user instructions and explanations to prevent any harm caused by the most common errors in the reprocessing/hygiene chain errors. Please visit our website at Peak Surgicals for more information about our services and products.